If you find yourself regretting your tattoo or desiring a better design, you might be curious about the tattoo removal cost. Tattoo removal typically involves multiple sessions spread out over several months, for a ball park figure, small tattoo removal costs can start at around £20 a session, and large ones can be up to £100.
Juliet Laser has been established over 6 years and has been a leading tattoo removal Manchester specialist ever since. Juliet and her team offer friendly advice along with competitive pricing, get in touch if you would like to look at getting your unwanted tattoo removed. Juliet can offer advice and pricing, and also offer a free patch test to see if tattoo removal is right for you.
Take a look at some of Juliet lasers’ testimonials.
Alternatively read on to find out more about tattoo removal costs…
Tattoo removal cost explained
It’s crucial to be aware that the laser tattoo removal cost can add up due to the number of sessions required for effective removal. Each session targets the tattoo with laser energy, gradually breaking down the ink particles so that your body can eliminate them naturally. The specific number of sessions needed depends on various factors, such as the size, colour, and location of the tattoo, as well as individual factors like skin type and how well the tattoo responds to treatment.
Since the tattoo removal cost can vary significantly, it is best to consult with a reputable tattoo removal specialist, such as Juliet Laser,
Upon enquiring, we will assess your tattoo, discuss your goals, and provide an accurate estimate based on the complexity of the removal process.
Remember that while laser tattoo removal cost can vary in price, it offers a potential solution for those seeking to remove or alter unwanted tattoos. It’s essential to approach the process with realistic expectations and to choose a qualified professional to ensure safe and effective results.
Ultimately, tattoo removal costs can vary on many factors To determine the exact cost of laser tattoo removal, it is advisable to consult with reputable tattoo removal specialist Juliet who can provide a personalised assessment and pricing based on your specific circumstances. Give us a call today!
Tattoo Removal Costs based on size
Tattoo removal cost varies depending on the size of the tattoo, as this determines the duration of the laser treatment. Here are some estimated examples:
- Very small tattoos measuring 1-2 inches, similar to the size of a ping pong ball, or smaller, may range from £30-£50 per session.
- Tattoos around 3 inches, approximately the size of an orange, can cost between £40-£80 per session.
- Medium-sized tattoos, equivalent to a small plate, typically fall within the £70-£100 range.
- Half a sleeve tattoo is a larger area and may range from £140-£200
Please note that these prices are approximate and can vary depending on the specific tattoo itself.
How many sessions will I require?
If your tattoo was professionally done (not self-administered with a needle or compass), it will likely require multiple sessions. Generally, you can expect a minimum of 5 sessions, but it could take 10 sessions or more. The number of sessions needed depends on various factors, including the tattoo’s size, colour, depth, and how your body responds to the laser treatment.
For instance, let’s assume the cost is £50 per session, and you require 7 sessions. The total cost would be £50 x 7 = £350. It’s important to leave approximately 6 weeks between each session to allow your skin to heal and recover.
Keep in mind that these figures are estimates, and it’s crucial to consult with a reputable tattoo removal clinic such as Juliet Laser, for an accurate assessment of your specific case. Juliet can provide you with the most precise information regarding the cost, number of sessions, and recommended time intervals between treatments.
Why do tattoo removal sessions vary?
The number of laser sessions needed for tattoo removal can vary depending on several factors. To understand why, we can provide you with a brief explanation of the process.
During laser treatment, the ink particles in your skin are shattered layer by layer. After each session, the fragmented ink particles become small enough for your body’s immune system to eliminate, similar to how a pac man engulfs its targets. Your immune cells work to remove the ink, considering it a foreign substance, and eventually, it gets eliminated from your body through urine.
Several factors influence the number of sessions required:
- Amount of Ink: The density and depth of the tattoo impact how much ink is present in your skin. Tattoos with a higher ink concentration may require more sessions to remove.
- Overall Health: The effectiveness of your immune system plays a role. A healthy immune system can facilitate ink removal more efficiently.
- Lifestyle Factors: Habits like smoking, drug use, or heavy alcohol consumption can affect the tattoo removal process. These factors may necessitate additional sessions, as your immune system is also dealing with toxins from these substances.
- Tattoo Age: Older tattoos often fade over time, making them easier to break down and remove. Consequently, they may require fewer sessions compared to fresh tattoos.
- Tattoo Location: The proximity of the tattoo to your heart affects removal difficulty. Tattoos farther away from the heart, such as ankle tattoos, may require more sessions than those closer, like shoulder tattoos.
- Time Between Sessions: The interval between sessions can make a difference. Longer gaps (e.g., 10 weeks or more) may result in fewer overall sessions, even though the overall process may take longer.
- Tattoo Type: Amateur tattoos typically require fewer sessions than professional tattoos due to the depth and amount of ink involved.
- Laser Type: The type of laser used also impacts the removal process. High-quality lasers with more power can shatter more ink, potentially reducing the number of sessions needed.
It’s important to consult with a qualified tattoo removal specialist such as Juliet who can assess your specific tattoo and provide a more accurate estimate of the number of sessions required based on these factors and their expertise.
How can I reduce sessions and reduce my tattoo removal cost?
If you’re looking to speed up the tattoo removal process and save money, here are some tips to consider, even though they might not be what you were hoping to hear:
- Massage Your Tattoo: Once your skin has healed after a laser session, incorporate daily massages into your routine. You can do this while showering or bathing, using whatever you’re washing yourself with. Massaging the tattooed area increases circulation, bringing more blood cells to the tattoo, which can aid in the removal process.
- Stay Hydrated: Drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated. Proper hydration supports overall bodily functions, including the elimination of toxins, potentially assisting in the removal of ink particles.
- Exercise Regularly: Engaging in regular physical activity can help boost your circulation. Improved blood flow can contribute to the effectiveness of your body’s natural processes, including the removal of tattoo ink.
- Quit Smoking: As previously mentioned, smoking can negatively impact the tattoo removal process. Quitting smoking not only has numerous health benefits but can also enhance your body’s ability to eliminate ink particles.
- Allow Sufficient Time Between Sessions: While it’s understandable to be eager for results, consider leaving longer intervals between laser sessions. This allows your skin to heal effectively and gives your body more time to process and eliminate the ink. Optimal gaps of around 10 weeks can be beneficial for both skin recovery and the removal process.
By following these tips, you may potentially accelerate the tattoo removal process and reduce the number of sessions required, thus reducing your tattoo removal cost. However, it’s crucial to consult with a Juliet beforehand, who can provide personalised advice based on your specific tattoo and circumstances.
In conclusion, the question of “how much does laser tattoo removal cost?” is not straightforward to answer, as it depends on various factors. Nevertheless, by implementing these tips, you can gain a better understanding of the price range for your particular tattoo and take steps to optimise the removal process.
Laser Tattoo removal with Juliet Laser
Juliet has been offering laser tattoo removal to the customers of Manchester for over 7 years. With her warming charisma and her qualified knowledge, it is hard not to keep coming back to Juliet. It is Juliet’s job to make you feel as comfortable as possible when opting for tattoo removal, and many of her patients would admit that’s exactly what they felt upon meeting with her. If you wish to continue on your tattoo removal journey, and would like to speak with Juliet to get a feel for how the process will play out, please get in touch today, and Juliet and the team would be more than happy to assist.
Not Just a laser tattoo specialist
At Juliet laser, although tattoo removal is Juliet’s main specialism, she also offers other amazing services that you may have not even thought of before now, from laser hair removal, to laser liposuction and even micro dermabrasion facials, there is definitely more that Juliet can offer upon your treatment session. Get in touch today to find out more!